Maximize your protection & minimize the office actions by having the accurate information before patent filing.
- PDC: 8+ Years of Business, 100+ Full Time Searchers, 30+ Tech Areas, 500+ Prior-Art Search Services/month
- Multiple variants (see below) to match your budget and completeness requirements
- Searches and manual analysis conducted by subject matter experts/ reports with expert comments
- Wide non-patent literature coverage / Multi-lingual (16+ Languages) searches covering 100+ Countries
More About Prior-Art Services
Prior-Art search services is a prior-art study conducted to determine if a patent might be granted on an invention by a patent office. In prior-art search services, a qualified prior-art searcher studies all published documents (including patents, scientific literatures, conference proceedings, blogs, etc) in the domain of invention (ideally irrespective of country/language they are published in).
Based on this study of prior art, the prior-art searcher prepares a prior-art search services report summarizing if the given invention is patentable (i.e., whether it is novel and non-obvious compared to anything already known to human kind) and/or if some modification needs to be made to the invention/scope of patent for it to become potentially patentable.
Apart from giving a general background and state-of-the-art about the invention’s domain, a prior-art search service report actually helps an applicant to make an informed strategy about patenting and product launch saving them lot of resources and money. Especially because:
- If prior-art service is conducted properly and timely, it helps you determine if a patent should be filed. If answer is yes, the prior-art search service report helps you determine how broad a protection can be sought, if no, then pro-active decisions can be taken on filing or amending claims. In both the case, you either save time and money on patenting process and/or significantly reduce the expenditure on patent office actions.
- Filing a patent application does not guarantee patent grant and if an invention is very critical for market offering and if applicant is betting on exclusivity via patents, a prior-art search service helps them determine in timely manner whether they will get such an exclusivity and they can accordingly decide to invest further in that research/ offering.
Synonyms: Novelty searches, Pre-filing Searches, Pre-examination Searches, Knockout Searches, Invention Evaluation, Innovation Screening, Idea Screening, Invention Screening, etc.
Need More Info? Contact Now